Scott E. Avolio
Founder and Managing Partner
Scott E. Avolio is founder and managing partner of Avolio Law Group LLC. Born and raised in the City of Jeannette, Scott graduated from Jeannette Senior High School in 1993. He graduated with honors from Saint Vincent College in 1997 where he received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Economics. Scott earned his law degree from Duquesne University School of Law where he received his Juris Doctorate in the year 2000.
Scott has extensive litigation experience, having tried cases in both state and federal court. He worked as an Associate for Godlewski & Associates until 2002, when he began his own law practice in the City of Greensburg, which has since grown into a full service law firm.
Scott is widely recognized as a leading attorney in the areas of municipal law and civil litigation. He serves as solicitor for a wide range of municipalities and authorities, and extensively advises private clients on municipal issues. In addition, he continues to work with many small businesses and families in the development and protection of their assets. Scott’s practice also includes Criminal Litigation, Probate Law, Estate Planning, and Land Use and Zoning.
Scott and his wife, Dr. Kim Avolio, reside in Unity Township with their two children.
- Owner/Managing Attorney of Avolio Law Group, LLC from 2014 to present
- Solo Practitioner at The Law Offices of Scott E. Avolio from 2002 to 2014
- Adjunct Professor of Business Law at Saint Vincent College since 2002-2010
- Associate Attorney at Godlewski and Associates from 2000 to 2002
- Staff Attorney at the Duquesne University Economic & Community Development Clinic from 1999 to 2001
- Research Assistant to Jaclyn Cherry, Esquire—Duquesne University Professor of Non-Profit/Tax Exempt Organizations from 1998 to 2000
- Member of the Westmoreland Bar Association Membership Committee
- Member of the Westmoreland Bar Association Municipal Law Committee
- Member of the Westmoreland County Bar Association
- Member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member of the National Italian-American Bar Association
- Member of the 4th Degree Knights of Columbus
- Parish Member of Saint Vincent Basilica
- Founding Member of the Visionaries-A Community Foundation Non-Profit Organization
- Board Member of Adelphoi, a non-profit child care agency
- Board Member of Laurel Legal Services, Inc.
- Board Member for Westmoreland County Land Bank (Secretary)
- Board Member of the PACT Program from 2002 to 2006
- Vice Chair of the Westmoreland County Republican Committee from 2010 to 2014
- City of Jeannette Planning Commission (Member 1999-2002: Chairperson 2003)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Economic
Saint Vincent College-Latrobe, PA
Juris Doctorate of Law
Duquesne University School of Law-Pittsburgh, PA
Pennsylvania Supreme Court
US District Court-Western District
US Bankruptcy Court-Western District
US District Court-Middle District
US Bankruptcy Court-Middle District